If you would like to rent a place to store some of the things you own, you may be surprised to find that there are many different options when it comes to storage units for rent. One of the options you will come across is upper-level storage units. While these are not right for everyone who needs a storage unit, they can be the perfect solution for some people. Here are some reasons an upper-level unit might be right for you, as well as some tips to help you select the right unit.
Reasons Upper-Level Units Are A Good Option
Upper-level storage units are located inside a building, which means you must enter a building to access your unit. This feature is not found in many ground-level units, because most ground-level units offer outdoor access only. The fact that upper-level units are located indoors makes these units ideal for a number of reasons. Here are some of the reasons people choose these units:
- People want extra security – An upper-level unit will require entering a building and walking up steps or taking an elevator to a higher floor. This makes it much harder for a thief to steal goods from a unit, which is why a lot of people choose these units if they need a place to store valuable or important things.
- Renters have a need for climate-controlled units – Most indoor storage units offer temperature control. If you store valuable items in your unit, an even temperature will offer more protection. There is a lower risk of damage to goods when they are stored in climate-controlled units.
- They have light items to store – If the things you need to store are small or light in weight, an upper-level unit can be a good choice. Upper-level units are not ideal for large, heavy items.
- They are interested in paying a cheaper price – You are likely to pay less for an upper-level unit than a ground-level unit. The prices are typically cheaper because the units are less convenient, but they may also be cheaper because they are usually smaller in size than other types of storage units.
- People need a small place to rent – If you compare the sizes of most ground-level units and upper-level units, you may find that the smallest units are the ones located highest up. While this varies by facility, it's generally easier to find small units indoors and on a floor other than the ground level.
Upper-level units are great for certain reasons. If you can relate to these reasons, you might also decide that this type of unit is the best option for your needs.
Tips To Help You Choose The Right One
As you begin looking at upper-level units to rent, it's important to keep the size and price of the unit in mind. You may also want to ask questions about the security offered at the facility and the temperature of the building. In addition, you may also want to look for a unit that offers the following amenities:
- 24-hour access – If you will need to get into the unit at all times of the day and night, look for a facility that offers 24-hour access. This is available at some facilities, but it may not be available at all.
- Elevator – If you cannot walk up a set of stairs or do not want to have to each time you visit your unit, you should find a facility that offers an elevator. If stairs are fine with you, it might be important to find a unit that has a stairway relatively close to the unit you will rent.
Renting an upper-level unit might be an ideal option for you. If you are interested in viewing available units and learning more about the facilities, contact a storage unit center in your area, such as North Star Mini Storage.